Sunday 13 September 2015

The inspirations & techniques of ADO artist Sarah Stokes


 My inspirations
  
Occasionally I will start a piece off with an idea, and sometimes I will gently let go a mark or colour on the canvas or board and simply see where the next line mark or colour will lead me.
 
 
'climbing through'
 

With 'climbing through', it was very intuitive, so the piece revealed itself, and will often explain what I may be going through, beyond words, in the depth of my life.



'sketch of a pleasant afternoon on the beach'


With 'sketch of a pleasant afternoon on the beach', this was layered.  It was another piece completely- I wasn't happy how it was - so I playfully, and quite swiftly, revived it to give back the painting its life and energy.

 
Written by Sarah Stokes


To see all of my work for sale on ADO please visit my artist's page


No comments:

Post a Comment