Thursday 19 November 2015

ADO Artist Claudine Péronne




My immersion in the arts world began in 2006 as I started an MA course in Transpersonal Arts Therapy at the University of Chichester. The course was in no way about learning art or 'producing' artwork. It was mainly experiential with the practice of Authentic Movement, the use of Creative Arts and the keeping of a journal at its core. The point of departure was Authentic Movement practised eyes closed focussing on the body feelings and sensations and inner images.  Movement was immediately followed by a drawing 'depicting' our experiences.



Those pictures which came to life often in a flash became the roots from which my art grew. Though this wasn't a requirement of the course I felt compelled to work on these images between the fortnightly course meetings and spent a considerable amount of time reworking them mainly in the form of pastel drawings and small clay sculptures.  The arts gradually became a vital and integral part of my life and I carried on working in this fashion until 2011.



The pictures I create now are mainly small animals silhouettes drawings, often romantic. I still make small clay sculptures and in 2012 I began painting seashells in the same style as my pictures. I cant recall what led me to paint shells but I like their connection with the natural world and the depths of the sea and I like to think that their presence in my art as well as the animals silhouettes' still carry traces of the dreamy shadowy world within: the original ground from which my art emerged.



ADO Artist Claudine Péronne

To see all of my work for sale on ADO, please visit my artist's page:

No comments:

Post a Comment